GLASSVAN® Surgical Blades have been trusted by users around the world for more than 25 years.
Automated grinding and proprietary polishing process ensure consistent, clean, and sharp cutting edges
Produced from high quality Swiss carbon steel
Two VCI strips ensure product and packaging integrity and reduce risk of blade piercing the foil
Manufactured in FDA-inspected facilities and conform to ISO-7740 and ISO-13485
Carbon steel and stainless-steel blades available sterile in sizes 10-25, with select sizes also available non-sterile
Carbon steel miniature blades available in sizes 61, 62, 64, 67, 67MIS
Podiatry blades available in stainless steel sizes 9, 17, 81, 84, 88, and in carbon steel sizes 312, 313, 314, 316
|Sellable Unit of Measure||BX|
|Quantity per Unit of Measure||12|
|Alternate Unit of Measure||CS|
|Quantity per Alternate Unit of Measure||50BX|
GLASSVAN® blades are offered on contract with Vizient, HealthTrust, and Premier.
TECHNOCUT® Brand Premium bladesare on contract with Vizient, HealthTrust, and Premier.
You will find the TECHNOCUT® Brand Premium Blade stainless blade has a more durable edge and was developed to target the OR for acute market and surgery centers, resulting in fewer blades being used during procedures. Furthermore, the TECHNOCUT® Brand Premium Blades are a hybrid of carbon and stainless steel.
The TECHNOCUT® Brand Premium Blade is a hybrid steel and has the durability and rigidity of a carbon steel blade while having the sharpness of stainless steel blade.
The TECHNOCUT® Brand Premium Blade is the MYCO recommended cross for the rib back. Although we do not offer the broader top edge like the rib back, the rigidity is similar to what you expect with the rib back. It is a hybrid steel that meets the sharpness of stainless steel and the durability of carbon steel.
A conversion to MYCO is beneficial for several reasons. It is comparable to the rib back in performance, with typical savings of 25%. The increased durability and sharpness retention may lead to fewer blades being used which will further increase your savings. Subsequently, the less often you change the blade the lower the likelihood of a sharps injury.
MYCO Medical’s GLASSVAN® Surgical Blades are produced from high quality Swiss Carbon Steel or Swiss Stainless Steel.
Carbon steel blades hold their edges longer throughout the procedure, while stainless steel blades are sharper at the beginning of the procedure. Carbon steel blades are also less expensive than stainless steel blades.
Blade use is dependent upon clinician preference. MYCO Medical recommends that clinicians use the blade material they are accustomed to using. Samples are offered through firstname.lastname@example.org.
GLASSVAN® Surgical Blades are available in the following sizes:
• Carbon steel and stainless steel blades are available in sizes from 10-25, including sizes 12B and 15C. Size 10A is available only in carbon steel and as special order.
• #60 and #70 Autopsy Blades
• Carbon Steel Miniature Blades are available in sizes 61, 62, 64, 67, 67MIS
• Podiatry Blades in stainless steel are available in sizes 9, 17, 81, 84, and 88
• Podiatry Blades in carbon steel are available in sizes 312, 313, 314, and 316
TECHNOCUT® Premium Surgical Blades are available in sizes 10, 11, 12, 15, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 25.
Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI) strips help to absorb moisture within the package, while ensuring product and packaging integrity by adding stability to the foil pack.
All GLASSVAN® Surgical Blades and TECHNOCUT® Premium Surgical Blades are sterilized with gamma radiation.
The advantages of using GLASSVAN® or TECHNOCUT® Premium Surgical Blades are as follows:
• The blade to handle fitment conforms to ISO 7740 specification, which ensures the consistency of the manufacturing
• Each blade is clearly marked for blade size identification
• Automated grinding and proprietary polishing processes ensure consistent, clean, sharp- cutting edges on every blade
• Proprietary edge treatment reduces drag and tissue trauma
• Each blade is produced from high quality Carbon Steel or Stainless Steel
Popular blade sizes are dependent on procedure and clinician preference.
• The #10 blade is generally used for small incisions and specialty surgeries; commonly considered the “opening” blade
• The #11 blade is used for precision cutting, carving, and piercing the skin; commonly referred to as the “stabbing” blade
• The #15 blade is the smaller version of the #10 blade
• The #20 blade is used for general surgery and orthopedic surgery
MYCO Medical currently utilizes a distribution-only sales model. Please contact your local distributor representative, or email@example.com , for product information and availability.
GLASSVAN® #81 Stainless Mini Blade, Sterile, 12/BX 50BX/CS
GLASSVAN® #84 Stainless Mini Blade, Sterile, 12/BX 50BX/CS
GLASSVAN® #88 Stainless Mini Blade, Sterile, 12/BX 50BX/CS
GLASSVAN® #67MIS Sterile, Carbon Miniature Blade, 12/BX, 50BX/CS
GLASSVAN® #6100 Sterile, Carbon Miniature Blade, 12/BX, 50BX/CS
GLASSVAN® #6200 Sterile, Carbon Miniature Blade, 12/BX, 50BX/CS
GLASSVAN® #6400 Sterile, Carbon Miniature Blade, 12/BX, 50BX/CS
GLASSVAN® #6700 Sterile, Carbon Miniature Blade, 12/BX, 50BX/CS